2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8: The Ultimate Performance SUV Adds Two New Special-edition Models
- New for 2013, exclusive Bright White “Alpine” and Brilliant Black “Vapor” special-edition models include unique exterior features and Black Vapor Chrome finish on split 5-spoke wheels
- Offers unique blend of legendary Jeep capability and utility, head-turning SRT performance, luxury and refinement and innovative advanced technologies
- Standard luxury content includes premium leather door trim panels, instrument panel and center console along with a power liftgate, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and Blind-spot Monitoring
- Exclusive SRT leather wrapped and heated steering wheel features mounted paddle shifters for hands-on-the-wheel shifting both on road and at the racetrack
- Most powerful Jeep vehicle ever with 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 that delivers 470 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque
- Best performing Jeep vehicle ever: 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds; quarter mile in mid-13 second range; top speed of 160 mph; 60-0 mph braking in 116 feet
- Best handling Jeep vehicle ever features advanced adaptive damping suspension managed by Selec-Track system, delivering up to .90 g on the skid pad
- Active valve exhaust system allows standard Fuel Saver Technology to engage over a wider rpm range for fuel efficiency and 450-mile range
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, with innovative GreenEdge technology, is available with 825 watts of power
The 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 returns as the most powerful, technologically advanced, high-performance Jeep vehicle ever – featuring a combination of Jeep’s legendary capability and utility, merged with the renowned advanced performance engineering from Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) team.
Also check out: Jeep Reviews
Joining the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 lineup for 2013 are two exclusive, special-edition models, including the Bright White “Alpine” edition and Brilliant Black “Vapor” edition.
Both models feature the addition of Black Vapor Chrome finish to the standard split 5-spoke, 20-inch wheels along with unique gloss black exterior appointments, including:
- Jeep hood badge
- Grand Cherokee door badge
- Front grille surround and inserts
- Rear light bar and step pad
- Rear liftgate SRT8 badge accent
Production will be limited to 400 units of each model for the U.S. market.
Under the hood
Powering the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with Fuel Saver Technology that delivers 470 horsepower (351 kW) and 465 lb.-ft. (630 N•m) of torque.
An active intake manifold and high-lift camshaft with cam phasing delivers maximum low-end torque while optimizing high-end power across a wide rpm band. Specifically, 90-percent of peak torque is available between 2,800 and 6,000 rpm, allowing for inspired standing starts and improved straight-line performance.
The 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 runs from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16 second range, can cover the quarter mile in the mid-13 second range, has a top speed of 160 mph, and brakes from 60-0 mph in 116 feet.
The functional performance exterior of the 2013 Grand Cherokee SRT8 features the “planted” look of a high-performance sports car by being lowered 1 inch and adding SRT-exclusive, body-color wheel flares and side sill cladding.
A one-piece front fascia contains LED multi-function daytime running lamps that result in an exclusive face for the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, while a body-colored front grille with a unique black screen background and chrome bezel inserts add to the aggressive look.
The integrated lower front grille is painted in gloss black and a underbody belly pan features integrated brake ducting to improve cooling and fade performance. Completing the front end is a sculpted hood with functional dual black heat extractors for added engine cooling.
At the rear, the SRT performance influence continues with a liftgate spoiler that reduces drag and improves downforce. A unique one-piece rear fascia includes a separate air diffuser along with an available trailer receiver and access cover. The dual-sport exhaust system features 4-inch exhaust tips.
The 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s refined, luxurious interior takes on a performance feel in SRT8 form with race-inspired technology and SRT-exclusive appointments.The leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel features a unique satin chrome rim section with a flattened bottom surface – evoking a race-inspired cockpit – that showcases the SRT logo. Standard paddle-shift controls flank both sides of the contoured palm rests while all audio and Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) controls are accessible from the horizontal spokes on the steering wheel. A power tilt and telescoping steering column also is standard.
SRT-exclusive Performance Pages show instant feedback on steering input measurements, horsepower, torque, 0-60 mph time, 60-0 mph braking distance, G-forces, and one-eighth mile and quarter-mile times, along with expanded engine information.
Standard SRT-styled Nappa leather and suede seats, with sculpted bolsters and adjustable headrests, provide all the comfort for daily drives – and “grip” to keep the driver and passengers in place during spirited driving. The embroidered SRT logos and contrast stitching accent the two front seats. Heated (front and rear) and ventilated (front) seats are standard.
Also standard for 2013 are premium leather door trim panels, instrument panel and center console along with a power liftgate.
Carbon fiber accents are integrated into the instrument panel and door trim panels and bright, racing style brake and pedal pads add to the high-performance look inside the cabin. An available Command View dual-pane sunroof provides twice as much glass surface than a standard sunroof and extends from the windshield to the rear of the vehicle.
The 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is built at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $60,365 (plus $925 destination). MSRP for the Alpine and Vapor special edition packages is $2,495.