Only 500 units of the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition will be produced
Paying homage to Corvette’s Racing C7.R race cars, Chevy today announced the introduction of their 2016 Corvette C7.R Edition – a street-friendly, track-hungry Z06 available in either signature yellow or black.
The idea behind the Z06 C7.R Edition is to celebrate the Corvette’s production success and race car legacy, bringing them together with this special edition version which includes the Z06 Performance Package with carbon ceramic brakes plus a unique model ID number.
The 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition will be available late 2015.
The Goods – here’s a full list of features for this special edition Z06 (from release):
- Offered on coupe and convertible models with 3LZ trim
- Available in Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (new for 2016) or Black exterior colors
- C7.R Edition graphics package
- Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
- New visible carbon fiber hood section
- Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
- Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
- Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
- Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
- Corvette Racing sill plates
- Numbered C7.R Edition interior plaque showing the build number, starting with VIN 700001
- Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics.