Drop the Top…on your 240-hp SUV. Evoque Convertible by Range Rover Revealed.
Appropriately dubbed the SUV for all seasons, Range Rover’s new Evoque convertible looks distinct whether the roof is up or down. When the sun’s out, drop the top while driving at speeds of up to 50km/h; the fully-automated lightweight hood will stow in a respectable 18-seconds and can be raised in 21-seconds. When completely enclosed, the Evoque convertible provides high standards of refinement with a layer of acoustic insulation ensuring interior comfort on par with the five-door Range Rover Evoque.
The drop-top version of the Evoque is powered by capable 2.0L gasoline engine producing 240-hp and 251-lb-ft of torque; doing 0-100 km/h time of just 8.6 seconds (0-60mph in 7.8) and a top speed of 180 km/h (112mph). The turbocharged 2.0L powerplant is paired to a 9-speed automatic transmission. And the Active Driveline four-wheel drive is offered as standard equipment.
The new Range Rover Evoque convertible will be produced at the Land Rover Halewood plant in the UK, alongside the five door and coupe body styles, and goes on sale from Spring 2016 in more than 170 markets worldwide.
Evoque Convertible Specs:
- Engine type: Inline 4 gasoline direct injection, 16 valves total (4 per cylinder)
- Displacement: 1999 cc Bore / Stroke 87.5 x 83.1-mm
- Compression ratio: 10:1
- Max Power: 240-hp at 5800rpm
- Max Torque: 251-lb. ft. (340Nm) at 1750rpm
- Transmission: 9-speed automatic
- Fuel tank: capacity 18.1 gallons (68.5 litres)
- 0-60mph: 5 7.8secs
- 0-100km/h: 8.6secs
- Top speed: 112mph (180 km/h)
- Weight: 4268-lbs (1936kg)
- Maximum towing weight: 3,307-lbs (1500-kg)
- Brakes: Front, 12.8-in (325mm)/Rear – 12.5-in (317mm)
- Steering: Electronic Power Assisted Steering
- Four-wheel drive system – single speed transmission: Active Driveline – 2WD or Torque on demand to rear axle
- Front suspension: MacPherson strut with lower control arm and anti-roll bar
- Rear suspension: Strut assembly with lateral and longitudinal links and anti-roll bar
Evoque Convertible Gallery: