The All-new, next generation 2013 Range Rover is Land Rover’s most refined version to date, engineered from the ground up
All-New 2013 Range Rover At-a-Glance:
- Unmistakably a Range Rover, a modern interpretation of iconic design cues
- Legendary Land Rover off-road capability with transformed on-road handling and agility
- Lighter, stronger and more refined. The world’s first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure
- Weight savings of up to 926lbs (420kg) when compared to the outgoing model delivers improved fuel economy and reduced CO2 emissions. A US specification V8 model is approximately 700lbs lighter than similarly equipped outgoing model
- A more spacious and luxurious interior provides a truly composed motoring experience for all occupants. Rear legroom increases 4.7 inches
- Adaptive dynamics suspension system further refines ride quality
- Enhanced all-terrain performance with the introduction of a new fully automatic Land Rover “Terrain Response 2 Auto” system
- Designed and engineered in Britain at Land Rover’s development centers throughout the UK
- Manufactured in a new aluminum production facility at Land Rover’s Home in Solihull, United Kingdom
Also see: Land Rover Reviews
Completely New: Fourth-Generation
The new 2013 Land Rover Range Rover has been engineered from the ground up to be the most capable, most refined Range Rover ever. Lighter, stronger, and with new levels of refinement, the next Range Rover reinforces its position among the finest luxury vehicles.
As the fourth generation of the Range Rover line, this all-new model was developed from the ground up, capturing the innovative spirit and iconic design of the original model which changed the world of motoring when it was launched over 40 years ago.
Designed and engineered at Land Rover’s development centers in the United Kingdom, the next Range Rover will be produced at a new manufacturing facility at Solihull, United Kingdom which employs the latest low-energy aluminum body construction technologies.
All-aluminum unibody structure
The all-aluminum unibody structure is 39 percent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model. This enables a total vehicle weight savings of up to 926lbs, depending on market and specifications. The US specification vehicle with the naturally-aspirated 5-liter V8 will be approximately 700lbs lighter than the outgoing equivalent. This new aluminum platform delivers significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with an improvement in fuel economy and reduction in CO2 emissions.
In addition to the strong and rigid aluminum body, an all-new aluminum front and rear chassis architecture has been developed and paired with a with completely re-engineered four-corner air suspension. The luxurious ride has been retained, while the vehicle’s handling and agility have been sharpened. The new suspension architecture delivers flatter, more confident cornering abilities, with a natural and intuitive steering feel.
Within the cabin, the all-new Range Rover provides occupants with a sensation of serene isolation, meeting the highest standards for Range Rover refinement. Measures like the rigorously optimized body structure and acoustic lamination of the windshield and side door glass have significantly reduced noise levels, while the new suspension architecture has enabled engineers to achieve heightened levels of ride comfort, refinement, and control.
With over 4.7 inches more legroom than the outgoing model, the rear occupants benefit from vastly increased space and comfort. The option of a two place rear seating package provides for the ultimate in personalized rear-seat luxury.
The all-new Land Rover Range Rover has a clean and elegant shape which is inspired by a fresh new interpretation of classic Range Rover design cues. While instantly recognizable as a Range Rover, the new vehicle takes a step forward with a bold evolution of the model’s iconic design language.
The sumptuous interior incorporates distinctive Range Rover design cues, but executed with a very contemporary treatment. Clean, elegant surfaces are flawlessly presented using the finest leathers and veneers.
Learn more – Range Rover