Special Land Rover Defender for Rugby World Cup To Carry the Trophy Starting June 10 – Now this is how you carry a trophy
Created by Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations team, the automaker revealed a special Defender for the Rugby World Cup 2015 to carry (and protect) the Webb Ellis Cup throughout Ireland and the UK.
Essentially, this special edition Defender is a modified 110 Station Wagon featuring a trophy cabinet with state-of-the-art technology to control temperature and locking mechanism to ensure the Webb Ellis Cup is visible at all times.
Other features in this special edition Land Rover Defender include:
- locking mechanism that secures the Webb Ellis Cup and a 40-inch Toshiba TD-E display controlled through an App on a 10-inch Toshiba Encore 2 tablet
- a Canon LEGRIA mini X camcorders embedded into the Defender to capture the journey
- Black Windsor Leather seats embellished with gold contrast stitching and Rugby World Cup 2015 blue piping
- 2.2-litre diesel engine and six-speed manual transmission
- 16″ off-road tire
- a front winch, aluminium sump guard, side and rear steps, modified raised air intake and expedition rack
- surroundings spot lights illuminating the vehicle
The Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour kicks off June 10 in Ireland and UK — this one-off Defender will busy throughout the tournament travelling across 13 stadiums up until October 31.