New 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport Delivers More Power, Precision and Prowess
2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport At-a-Glance:
- More precision and style: Dodge brings unique Gloss Black split-crosshair grille, Gloss Black accented 19-inch aluminum wheels, steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters with sport-mode, rear spoiler, sport seats and segment-exclusive Beats Audio to Charger AWD Sport
- Best-in-class V-6 all-wheel drive fuel efficiency: up to an EPA estimated 27 mpg highway, thanks to segment exclusive eight-speed transmission
- Most advanced AWD system: segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system for optimal fuel efficiency and all-weather traction
- More power: new cold-air induction system and sport-tuned exhaust on 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine raise output to 300 horsepower on Charger SXT and SXT Plus AWD models with AWD Sport Package
- More value: Dodge Charger AWD Sport package arrives at Dodge dealers this winter with a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1,195 CAD
In time for winter
With Old Man winter around the corner, Dodge is launching the all-new 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport just in time to deliver tactical performance and efficiency to combat the most inclement driving conditions. The Charger’s new AWD Sport package delivers two powerful engines delivering up to 370 horsepower, the segment’s most advanced all-wheel-drive system for best-in-class V-6 fuel economy, new “blacked out” exterior accents for a menacing look, and first-time available to Charger AWD paddle-shifters with “sport mode” for precision worthy of its legendary nameplate.
Orders for the 2013 Dodge Charger AWD are open now. Vehicles will be built at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant from December through February.
Under the hood
The 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on Charger SXT and SXT Plus models) features the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine – now with 300 horsepower thanks to the addition of a new sport-tuned dual exhaust system and cold-air induction system. Even with the added performance, the aluminum mill still delivers best-in-class city and highway fuel economy (18/27 mpg). For drivers who demand even more performance, the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with 370 horsepower, 395 lb-ft of torque and four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology, the Dodge Charger AWD Sport also can be configured from the Charger R/T and R/T Plus models.
Both V-6 and V-8 models feature the segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system to improve real-world fuel economy. No other major automotive manufacturer offers the combination of these two independent technologies. The AWD system in the Dodge Charger AWD Sport seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and AWD with no driver intervention. When AWD is not required, the system automatically disconnects the front axle to maximize fuel economy while still providing the outstanding fun-to-drive performance and handling inherent in rear-wheel-drive vehicles.
In addition, the new Dodge Charger AWD Sport features paddle shifters and “sport mode.” With Sport Mode active, gear changes are quicker and revs are held higher for even more performance-oriented acceleration and higher shift dynamics. For even more control, the driver can also use the die-cast steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and view gear election through the full-color EVIC centered in the Dodge Charger AWD Sport’s instrument cluster.
Pricing (CAD $)
Built at Chrysler Group LLC’s Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant, the 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport models arrive at Dodge dealerships nationwide in the first quarter of 2013 and have the following U.S. MSRP excluding $995 destination charge:
- Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on SXT) $32,690
- Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on SXT Plus) $34,690
- Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on R/T) $33,690
- Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on R/T Plus) $35,690
Learn more – Dodge Charger