2013 Chevrolet Trax: An athletic and versatile companion for urban explorers
2013 Chevrolet Trax At-a-Glance:
- All-new, globally designed, five-passenger small sport utility vehicle expands the Chevrolet portfolio, with a choice of front- and all-wheel-drive models
- SAE-certified 138-hp (103 kW) Ecotec 1.4L power-dense turbocharged engine and six-speed manual or automatic transmission and optional six-speed automatic transmission
- Available Chevrolet MyLink system with seven-inch, high-resolution, full-colour display radio Satellite Radio/USB, voice recognition and Bluetooth phone and audio
- Global chassis designed for manoeuvrability, and controlled ride and handling
- Ten standard air bags and StabiliTrak electronic stability enhancement system
- Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections service
- Available OnStar Remote Link app
- Three-year/ 60,000 kilometre bumper-to-bumper warranty
- Standard USB and Bluetooth
The all-new Chevrolet Trax small sport utility vehicle made its global debut at the Paris Motor Show in September 2012. Trax will meet the needs of customers in over 140 markets and will arrive in Canadian Chevrolet dealerships this winter with a starting MSRP of $18,495 CAD.
Trax delivers excellent fuel efficiency, flexibility and car-like handling that urban explorers demand in this ever growing and popular small SUV segment.
With room for five passengers and generous cargo space, Trax exhibits its SUV toughness and capability in a small package through a muscular exterior design and a wide athletic stance. Its contemporary form evolves the global Chevrolet design aesthetic.
Measuring 4,280 mm in length, 1,776 mm in width and 1,674 mm in height, Trax sports a subtle centreline crease on the hood surface, detailed halogen headlamps and a rearward swept roofline, all of which contribute to the vehicle’s dynamic appearance.
Under the hood
Trax comes equipped with Chevrolet’s proven 1.4L Ecotec turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, producing 138 horsepower and 148 lb.-ft. of torque. FWD models are available with a 6-speed automatic or manual transmission, delivering fuel consumption ratings of 7.8 L/100 km city and 5.7 L/100 km highway (manual) and 8.1 L/100 km city and 5.9 L/100 km highway (automatic). The AWD is available with a 6-speed automatic transmission only, and delivers a fuel consumption rating of 8.7 L/100 km city and 6.5 L/100 km highway.
Storage amenities in the new Trax are plentiful. They include various compartments above and on both sides of the centre stack as well as an available under-seat storage tray. Trax’ loading space can accommodate a maximum of 1371L; with further space that can be made available under the cargo floor.
In addition to a 60/40 split rear seat, Trax boasts a front passenger seat that can be folded flat, offering additional flexibility in the segment. Up to eight seating configurations are possible.
Upper trims of the Chevrolet Trax will feature Chevrolet MyLink as standard. Chevrolet MyLink is an infotainment system that aggregates content from smartphones onto the seven-inch, high resolution, full-color touchscreen display. A dedicated navigation app called Engis Bringo will become available early next year. It will project the route from the smartphone onto the system’s touch-screen. A rearview camera is part of the MyLink infotainment package and provides assistance during parking maneuvers.
Learn more – Chevy Trax