Competing in the 2016 Best in the Desert off-road racing series’ new factory stock class, the all-new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor with its all-new high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine and 10-speed transmission has the DNA of a Baja race truck including a chassis and suspension allowing it to conquer and move quickly over the demanding and rocky desert landscapes.
Modifications to the 2017 Raptor Race Truck
- Race-optimized three-inch-diameter external-bypass front and rear Fox Racing Shox similar to Raptor’s segment-exclusive internal-bypass Fox Racing Shox
- Race-optimized front and rear springs raise ride height to gain additional ground clearance and provide increased compression rate to handle extreme terrain
- Custom-fabricated roll cage
- MasterCraft seats with five-point harness safety belts and window nets
- LED light bars, racing fuel cell, Lowrance GPS, RacePak digital dash and data logger
2017 Raptor’s Power and Performance
The all-new F-150 Raptor (and not specifically this race truck) produces 411-hp and 434 lb.-ft. of torque from an all-new second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which is a Raptor-exclusive in the F-150 lineup.