It seems more and more that clothing simply isn’t made the way it once was, at least among a large swath of the menswear world. Companies like Taylor Stitch are changing that emphasis and drawing on the best parts of the old and the new, however — and thankfully so.
The brand’s newly released Whiskey Leather Moto Jacket, part of its broader Moto Collection, is an absurdly beautiful café-style jacket based on an old piece owned by the product designer’s father.
The new edition takes the best qualities of the heirloom item — soft, supple leather, rugged styling details and a great fit — and brings the design into the 21st century.
Made in partnership with Golden Bear, insulated diamond quilting and full-grain steerhide ensure this piece will look as great layered over a shirt and tie or henley this fall as it will 40 years from now. Get it now at a lower pre-funded rate and you’ll be happy you sprang for it early. Sells for US$1,075.
Some key specs:
- Handmade in San Francisco by Golden Bear.
- Chrome-tanned, drum-dyed 3.5-oz. full-grain steerhide.
- Cotton/poly lining.
- Thinsulate insulation between shell and lining.
- Pockets lined with 100% cotton flannel.
- 3″ collar with hidden collar stay snaps.
- Two double welted zippered chest pockets.
- Two reinforced double welted side entry pockets.
- Interior leather trimmed chest welt pocket.
- YKK two-way antique brass zipper.
- YKK antique brass zippered sleeve cuffs.
- Zig-zag-stitch reinforced collar and inside leather wind flap.
- Bi-swing shoulder for greater range of movement.
- Dry clean only by leather professionals.