Designer and Model Victoria Beckham teams up with Range Rover to release the Evoque Special Edition SUV
- A collaboration between British fashion designer Victoria Beckham and the Land Rover Design team, led by Gerry McGovern
- Range Rover Evoque Special Edition four-seat coupe features bespoke luxury and sporting details
- First ever Land Rover to feature exclusive hand-finished matte paint
- Santorini gloss black detailing contrasts with the matte finish
- Unique 20-inch gloss black forged alloy wheels with rose-gold accents
- Rose-gold plated grille surround and badging
- Soft semi-aniline leather seats, dyed in a vintage inspired tan
- Hand-finished semi-aniline leather door inserts, armrests and console lid
- Exclusive rose-gold plated interior accents
- Luxurious mohair floor mats and microsuede headlining
- New interior trim materials include Grand black lacquered veneers, textured aluminum and soft-feel black finishes
- Bespoke four-piece fitted leather luggage set
- Hand-sewn leather portfolio for the owner’s manual signed by Victoria Beckham
- Powered by the lightweight, all-aluminum 240HP 2.0-liter gasoline engine
- Four-wheel drive and Land Rover’s award-winning Terrain Response system
- Limited to five vehicles for the US market, with a maximum of 200 vehicles worldwide
- This Range Rover Evoque Special Edition will be hand-finished by Land Rover’s “Engineered To Order” division (ETO)
The Range Rover Evoque went on sale globally in September 2011, and has received more than 100 international awards. The Range Rover Evoque has been an unprecedented global success attracting a whole new group of customers to Land Rover.
Thanks to its unique combination of dramatic design underpinned by the brand’s core credentials of capability and luxury, 70% of customers are new to the SUV segment and the Land Rover brand.
Three Trims: Pure, Prestige and Dynamic
Personalization has formed a key part of the Range Rover Evoque’s appeal. Each of the three standard trim levels – Pure, Prestige and Dynamic – can be further individualized with a huge range of options from alloy wheel designs and contrasting roof colors to 16 ‘Designer Choice’ interiors.
Land Rover is now offering an exclusively designed Range Rover Evoque Special Edition created though a collaboration between Land Rover Design, led by Gerry McGovern, with Victoria Beckham, winner of the coveted Designer Brand of the Year award at the 2011 British Fashion Awards.
Gerry McGovern, Director of Design, Land Rover explains, “The design of the Range Rover Evoque has truly captured the hearts of customers worldwide. Working with Victoria, the intention was not to change the fundamental architecture and award winning design of the Range Rover Evoque. We wanted to create a Special Edition that extends its character in a new direction through understated, restrained color and detail changes. Both Land Rover and Victoria Beckham are British luxury brands with credibility and global appeal, this dual ‘Britishness’ makes the collaboration even more exciting especially when considering the huge audience for bespoke products around the world, particularly in China, Russia and Brazil where Land Rover is growing.”
Victoria Beckham said, “I was very excited to be working with Land Rover as I have an enormous amount of respect for the brand. I’ve always driven a Range Rover, for me they are the epitome of quality and luxury. For me, you should feel luxury. My brand is known for quality and workmanship and so is Land Rover. So for me it felt like the perfect collaboration.”
Essential to the design is the hand-finished matte grey paint, with contrasting gloss black finishes on the roof, side, hood vents, wheel arches and wheels.
Further underlining the bespoke luxury theme of this vehicle is the use of rose-gold accents on the unique 20-inch gloss black forged alloy wheels, badging and grille surround limited solely to this Special Edition.
Complementing the ultra-modern exterior is an elegant and luxurious interior. The four sport design seats are finished in a semi-aniline Vintage Tan leather – with a hand-finished ‘baseball’ stitch detail, chosen by Victoria as a tongue-in-cheek reference to her sporting husband David Beckham. The same leather is also used to cover the door inserts, armrests and central storage box lid. As with the exterior, there has been application of rose-gold to the interior, on the center console rotary controls and Rotary Shifter.
Other surfaces have been deliberately understated to reflect the exterior through the extensive use of soft feel black finish on the switchgear, a piano black center console and dark textured machined aluminum.
Ultra-luxurious mohair mats and micro-suede headlining heighten the sense of occasion. The all-encompassing vision of this car extends to the cargo area which is trimmed in the same quality materials and will come with an exclusive four-piece leather luggage set lined in the same micro suede as the roof lining.
A hand stitched leather portfolio with rose-gold detailing contains a guide to the exclusive features of the car, and is co-branded Range Rover Evoque and signed by Victoria Beckham.
Under the hood
The Range Rover Evoque Special Edition with Victoria Beckham is limited to a maximum of 200 vehicles to be sold worldwide. The vehicle is a four-seat coupe, powered by the lightweight,all-aluminum 240HP 2.0-liter gasoline engine and features four-wheel drive with Land Rover’s award-winning Terrain Response system.
Learn more – Range Rover Evoque