Chevy’s new mid-size Blazer first arrived in 2019, and we’ve had a go with the bold, Camaro-esque SUV a couple times already — including our first drive in San Diego, and another review from Quebec — both RS models, both in the race-inspired red. But man, this thing looks sharp in white as well.
Blazer changes for 2021: colour updates, standard safety, and trailering package
For 2021, Chevy did make a few changes to the Blazer, and of course, improving on what is already a very capable, stylish medium-sized hauler. All 2LT and 3LT 2021 Blazers now gain the Chevy Safety Assist package as standard. And for those towing, all FWD models with 3.6L V6 are offered the Trailer package option. As for exterior colours, Cayenne Orange Metallic and Cherry Red Tintcoat will cost extra, while Pewter Metallic and Iron Gray Metallic now come at no extra charge.
RS and Premier Blazer gets Navigation thrown in
Standard on L and LT 2021 Blazer trims is the infotainment system with the 8-inch colour touchscreen. RS and Premier trims gain standard Navigation, while optional on 3LT. Same as before, all models get Chevy’s built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot with available 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot.
RS Performance and handling
Under the hood, everything remains the same for 2021. The RS still gets the 3.6L V6 putting down a respectable 308-hp, compared to the EcoTec 2.5L inline-four engine making with 193-hp at 6300 rpm and 188 lb.ft of torque at 4400 rpm. Towing capacity is rated at 1,500 pounds, as before; ramped up to 4,500 pounds with the trailering package.
2021 Chevy Blazer RS Specs
- Engine: 3.6L DOHC VVT with direct injection
- Transmission (3.6L): Hydra-Matic 9T65 nine-speed automatic
- Horsepower: 308-hp @ 6700
- Torque: 270 lb.ft @ 5000
- Valvetrain: Dual overhead camshafts; four valves per cylinder, continuously variable valve timing
- Fuel delivery: Direct, high-pressure fuel injection with electronic throttle control
- Wheels: 20-in. aluminum come standard; 21-in. aluminum optional upgrade
- Towing capacity: 4500 pounds with 3.6L with available trailering pkg.; 1,500 pounds standard
- Max Cargo Volume (cu. ft. / L): 30.5 / 864 (behind rear seat); 64.2 / 1818 (rear seat folded)
- Driver Confidence II package is available on RS
- Chevy Safety Assist package is standard on RS