Volvo convertible connoisseurs will like the C70 Inscription – but it’s a limited edition offering
The Volvo C70 convertible reappears in the sunlight in a new limited edition Inscription version with a number of unique features, blending distinctive exterior details such as the painted grille and black 18-inch wheels with exclusive interior features, including Sovereign Hide upholstery and a leather-covered dashboard.
Also check out: Volvo Reviews
“The C70 is a true icon in our model range. The Inscription is based on our human-centricDesigned Around You philosophy, offering those who love convertibles and coupes a beautifully detailed version with a lot of curb appeal,” says Doug Speck, Senior Vice President Marketing, Sales and Customer Service at the Volvo Car Corporation.
Under the hood
The C70 Inscription boasts a turbocharged five-cylinder T5 with 250 hp and 273 ft-lbs. of torque, and will be available in two colours: Black Sapphire (Metallic) and Ice White (Solid).
The 18-inch wheels enhance the look of the Swedish convertible. This expressive version of the “Midir” rim comes in black with polished spokes and outer perimeter. Up front, the high-gloss paint on the grille and the LED Daytime Running Lights, both surrounded by contrasting chrome, give the C70 Inscription a distinctive “face”.
Check out this full review of the special edition C70 from the team at AutoWeek.
Interior and Exterior Features:
The interior also features a distinctive new look that echoes the unique exterior, including:
- An exclusive leather-covered dashboard with contrasting stitching
- Sovereign Hide upholstery in Off Black or Calcite with the same contrasting stitching as on dashboard, handbrake lever and carpets
- “Inscription” embroidered on the front headrests
- Special Inscription carpets and handbrake lever
- Steering wheel and gear shift knob with aluminum inlays
- Sports pedals with aluminum inlay
- Aluminum inlay in the iconic ultra-slim centre stack is standard, Black or Nordic Light Oak as an option
The Volvo C70 Inscription will be shown for the first time at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show that will start November 16th. Sales will also start November 2011. The C70 Inscription is available worldwide with local adaptations. Production volume is limited to 500 units a year in North America.
Learn more about the Volvo model lineup